potato noodles

Sweet potato noodles with chicken and tomato basil sauce




I’ve been craving pasta lately and considered making zucchini noodles, but they never really turn out that great. Am I the only one who can’t seem to get them right? My zoodles turn into a mushy bowl of watered-down spaghetti. Ew, gross.

So I decided to try a different vegetable … sweet potatoes! Why have I not done this before?! Sweet potato noodles have to be the best thing since sliced (gluten-free) bread.

And if zucchini noodles are called zoodles then it only seems right for sweet potato noodles to be called swoodles, amirite?


Ingredients


    Sweet potato (one potato per serving)
    Chicken breast
    Extra virgin olive oil
    Salt
    Pepper
    Tomato basil sauce (Costco, baby!)

Directions


    Peel and then spiralize your potato(es). If you need to you can cut the ends slightly to have flatter ends which makes spiralizing easier. (I use this spiralizer. It’s easy to use and has suction cup legs to secure to your counter!)
    Sautée your swoodles in extra virgin olive oil over med-high heat adding in salt and pepper to taste. Keep covered for a softer noodle, tossing occasionally for even cooking. This takes between 10–15 minutes depending on how soft you like them.
    Top your swoodles with grilled chicken, tomato basil sauce and fresh herbs. I used basil, parsley and oregeno from my window sill herb garden. Add cheese if desired.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 commentaires